TERMS AND CONDITIONDS
Our Commitment to Privacy
Terms and Conditions of Website Use.
By browsing and continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to be bound by, and to comply with, the following terms and conditions of use. These terms should be read together with our Terms of Business which set out Brit Net Tyres Limited’s relationship with you. If you disagree with any part of these documents, you should not use our website.
The term “BritishTyres.co.uk” or “Brit Net Tyres Ltd or “us” or “we” refer to the owner of the website, Brit Net Tyres Limited, whose registered office is Unit 2, Whalley banks, Blackburn, BB2 1NT. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of this website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for tour general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on this website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- We have taken care in the preparation of the content of this website to ensure that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all goods have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. We reserve the right to cancel any orders if they are not available in stock, if they are ordered in an area where we are unable to deliver, or if it was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers, in such a case we will contact you by email or telephone.
Returns and Refund Policy.
- If you are not satisfied with your purchase, and wish to make a return, you will be entitled to a full refund or replacement within 7 days. If however the product is not faulty you will be charged for delivery and any admin costs. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- All orders are shipped within 48 hours, Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm.
- All items for delivery are dispatched within 2 working days by courier, to arrive within 3 working days. Our items are for UK customers only and additional postage charges will apply to Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands. Please contact us before purchase to confirm the postage, shipping or courier costs.
- If a tracking number is provided by the shipping carrier or courier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that a tracking number is not always available.
- The rate charged for the shipping carrier or courier of your order is based on the weight of your products and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be and you will have the opportunity to proceed with your order or cancel it. Cancelled orders at that stage, prior to final checkout, will not incur any charge.
- If an item goes on back order we will ship the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged for any additional shipping courier or postage for the second shipment.
- BritishTyres.co.uk is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
- BritishTyres.co.uk may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time, and before placing any order, to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1.10.2017.
- We may collect the following information: name and job title, contact information including postal and email addresses, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, other information relevant to customer surveys or offers.
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: order processing, internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, telephone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- A cookie is a small file which ask permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We may use this information for statistical analysis purposes and the data is removed from the system. Cookies help us provide a better website for you, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. You should check your own internet browser settings. If you decline cookies, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of this website.
Brit Net Tyres Ltd – Terms of Business
- In these Conditions:
“BritishTyres.co.uk”, “Brit Net Tyres” and “BNT” means Brit Net Tyres Ltd, a company incorporated under the Companies Act with Company Number 10156669 and having its registered office at Unit 2 Whalley Banks, Blackburn, BB2 1NT.
“BNT site” means the website published by BNT with the web address https://www.BritishTyres.co.uk.
“Conditions” means these Terms of Business for website sale of tyres.
“Contract” means the contract for the purchase and sale of the Goods as constituted and evidenced by the Customer’s Order and the Order Confirmation.
“Customer” means the person whose offer for the Goods is accepted by BNT.
“Customer’s Order” means an order from the Customer submitted to BNT through the BNT site by completion of the staged ordering process set out therein.
“Force Majeure” means any Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, lightning strike, fire, accident, war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition, acts, restrictions, regulations, bye laws, prohibitions, or measures of any kind on the part of governmental, parliamentary or local authority, import or export regulations or embargoes, strikes, lock outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes 9whether involving employees of BNT or of a third party), difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery or power failure or breakdown of machinery.
“Goods” means the tyres (including any parts for them) or services which BNT is to supply in accordance with these Conditions.
“Mail Order Service” means the service provided by BNT via the BNT site for the sale and delivery of tyres to Customers.
“Order Confirmation” means confirmation in Writing by BNT of acceptance of the Customer’s Order issued prior to supply of the Goods to the Customer
“Writing” includes electronic mail transmission and comparable means of communication.
- Basis of the Sale
- BNT shall sell and the Customer shall purchase the Goods in accordance with the Customer’s Order and Order Confirmation, subject to these Conditions which shall given the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which any such offer is made or purported to be made by the Customer.
- The Customer acknowledges that the website text, price lists, lists of items for sale or other sales literature published on the BNT Site constitute an invitation to treat and may not be construed by the Customer as an offer by or binding obligation upon BNT to sell any items to the Customer.
- No variation to these Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in Writing between authorised representatives of the Customer and BNT.
- BNT’s employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning the Goods unless confirmed by BNT in Writing. In entering into the Contract, the Customer acknowledges that it does not rely on any such representations which are not so confirmed.
- Any advice or recommendation given by BNT or its employees or agents to the Customer or its employees or agents as to the storage, application or use of the Goods which is not confirmed in Writing by BNT is followed or acted upon entirely at the Customer’s own risk, and accordingly BNT shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendation which is not so confirmed.
- Whilst every effort is made by BNT to ensure that no such error or omission occurs, any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, price list, website text, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document ort information issued by BNT shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of BNT.
- Offers and specification.
- The Customer’s Order shall not be deemed to be accepted by BNT unless and until the Order Confirmation has been issued to the Customer.
- The Customer shall be responsible to BNT for ensuring the accuracy of the terms of the Customer’s Order submitted by the Customer, and for giving BNT any necessary information relating to the Goods within a sufficient time to enable BNT to perform the Contract in accordance with its terms. BNT shall incur no liability resulting from inaccurate information being supplied by the Customer.
- The quantity, quality and description of and any specification for the Goods shall be those set out in the Order Confirmation.
- BNT reserves the right to change the Goods or any relative specifications (whether such specifications have been submitted by the Customer in the Customers Order or otherwise) and designs at any time, without notice, as a result of changes in the law or at the sole discretion of BNT.
- Subject to Clause 8(1), the Customer’s Order may not be cancelled by the Customer after the Order Confirmation has been issued except with the agreement in Writing of BNT and on terms that the Customer shall indemnify BNT in full against any loss (including loss of profit), costs, (including the costs of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by BNT as a result of the cancellation by the Customer of the Customer’s Order.
- Price of the Goods.
- The price of the Goods shall be the price specified by BNT in the Order Confirmation, or, where no price is quoted in the order Confirmation, the price listed in BNT’s price list or website text on the BNT Suite current at the date and time of the order Confirmation.
- BNT reserves the right, by giving notice to the Customer at any time before issuing the Order Confirmation, to increase the price of the Goods to reflect:-
- Any increase in the cost to BNT which is due to factors beyond the control of BNT (such as, without limitation, any foreign exchange fluctuations, current regulation, alteration of duties, significant increase in the costs of labour, materials or other costs of manufacture),
- Any change in delivery dates, quantities or specifications for the Goods which is requested by the Customer, or
- Any delay caused by any instructions of the Customer or failure of the Customer to give BNT adequate information or instruction.
- The price of the Goods shall be inclusive of any applicable Value Added Tax.
- Terms of payment.
- Subject to any special terms agreed in Writing between the Customer and BNT, BNT shall be entitled to payment in full for the price of the Goods (including VAT) on the date of the Customer’s Order. BNT shall debit the Customer’s credit/debit card with payment in full for the Goods and applicable VAT on or after the date of the Customer’s Order.
- The Customer shall be obliged to pay the price of the Goods on the date of the Customer’s Order. BNT shall be entitled to recover the price of the Goods, notwithstanding that delivery may not have taken place and the property in the Goods has not passed to the Customer. The time of payment of the price shall be of the essence of the Contract. Receipts for payment will be issued.
- If the Customer fails to make any payment by the relevant due date or if payment is declined or not authorised by the issuer of the Customer’s credit/debit card when processed by BNT then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to BNT, BNT shall be entitled to:
- Cancel the contract or suspend any further deliveries to the Customer,
- Appropriate any payment made by the Customer to such of the Goods (or the goods supplied under any other contract between the Customer and BNT) as BNT may think fit (notwithstanding any purported appropriation by the Customer), and
- Charge the Customer interest (both before and after any decree or judgment) on any amount unpaid, at the rate of four percent per annum above the Bank of England base rate from time to time, until payment in full is made (a part of a month being treated as a full month for the purpose of calculating interest).
- Delivery of the Goods shall be made by BNT or its nominated carrier delivering the Goods to the delivery address specified in the Order Confirmation.
- The delivery address specified in the Customer’s Order and in the Order Confirmation must be the same as the Customer’s billing address. BNT will not deliver goods to any alternative address.
- Any dates quoted for delivery of the Goods are approximate only and not guaranteed and BNT shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods howsoever caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the Contract unless previously agreed in Writing by BNT. The Goods may be delivered by BNT in advance of the quoted delivery date upon giving reasonable notice to the Customer.
- If the Customer fails to take delivery of the Goods or fails to give BNT adequate delivery instructions in the Customer’s Order then, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to BNT, BNT may:
- Store the Goods until actual delivery and charge the Customer for the reasonable cost (including insurance) of storage, or
- Sell the Goods at the best price readily obtainable and after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to the Customer for the excess over the price under the Contract or charge the Customer for any shortfall below the price under the Contract, or
- Return the Goods to the supplier and charge the Customer for any costs incurred as a result of such return.
- Delivery of the Goods shall be evidenced by the return to BNT of its authorised carriers’ official packing/delivery note which, howsoever signed as acknowledgement of receipt of the Goods, shall constitute absolute proof of delivery of the items specified in it.
- Risk and Property.
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Customer at the time when the Goods are delivered to the delivery address specified in the Customer’s Order.
- Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other provision in these Conditions, the title to and in the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until all sums due by the Customer to BNT (including any applicable interest and charges) have been paid in full.
- Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to the Customer, the Customer shall keep the Goods separate from those of third parties and properly stored, protected and insured and identified as BNT’s property.
- Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to the Customer, BNT shall be entitled at any time to require the Customer to deliver up the Goods to BNT and, if the Customer fails to do so forthwith, to enter upon any premises of the Customer or any third party where the Goods are stored and repossess the Goods. The Customer shall be obliged to assist and allow BNT to repossess the Goods.
- The Customer shall not be entitled in any way to charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Goods which remain the property of BNT, but if the Customer does so, all moneys owing by the Customer to BNT shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy of BNT) forthwith become due and payable.
- Subject to Clause 8(2) below, within 14 days of the day after the day of delivery of the Goods to the Customer, the Customer shall be entitled to cancel the Contract, return the Goods and receive a full refund, provided strictly that the Goods have not been used in any way, are in the same good condition in which they were received by the Customer and are returned to BNT. In such event the Customer shall be responsible for the costs of returning the Goods and shall indemnify BNT against all and any such costs. BNT retains the right to charge the Customer for any direct costs associated with the return of the Goods. Customers returning Goods directly to BNT must do so within 14 days. No additional restocking charge or administration charge will be added in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations. For information on your right to withdraw from your purchase within the cooling off period, visit the government website at www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds.
- Subject to Clause 8(1), refunds to the Customer are entirely at the discretion of BNT. In the event that BNT, in their sole discretion, grant a refund to a Customer, any costs incurred by BNT in procuring that refund shall be borne by the Customer.
- BNT shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in the Goods arising from any inaccuracy in the Customer’s Order. BNT shall have no liability for errors in any Customer’s Order and any loss (or otherwise) that may arise therefrom.
- BNT shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in the Goods arising from wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow BNT’s instructions (whether oral or in writing) or misuse or alteration or repair of the Goods without BNT’s approval.
- Save as expressly provided in these Conditions, all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or Common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Any claim by the Customer which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to correspond with the specification shall (whether or not delivery is refused by the Customer) be notified to BNT in Writing within 48 hours from the date of delivery or where the defect or failure was not apparent on reasonable inspection within 24 hours after the discovery of the defect or failure.
- Subject to Clause 8(1), if delivery is not refused, and the Customer does not notify BNT in accordance with Clause 9(4), the Customer shall be not entitled to reject the Goods and BNT shall have no liability for such defect or failure.
- Where any valid claim in respect of the Goods which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to meet specification is notified to BNT in accordance with these Conditions, BNT shall be entitled to replace the Goods (or the part in question) free of charge or, at BNT’s sole discretion, refund to the Customer the price of the Goods (or a proportionate part of the price), but BNT shall have no further liability to the Customer or any other person.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by BNT’s negligence, BNT shall not be liable to the Customer by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the Contract, for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by negligence of BNT, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods or their use or resale by the Customer, and the entire liability of BNT under or in connection with the Contract shall not exceed the price of the Goods, except as expressly provided in these Conditions.
- BNT shall not be liable to the Customer or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of BNT’s obligations in relation to the Goods, if the delay or failure was due to any Force majeure or other cause beyond BNT’s reasonable control.
- Insolvency of Customer.
- If the Customer makes any voluntary arrangement with its creditors or (being an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt or (being a company) becomes subject to an administration order or goes into liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction), has a receiver, liquidator or administrator appointed over any of its property or assets, ceases, or threatens to cease, to carry on business, or if BNT reasonably apprehends that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to the Customer and notifies the Customer accordingly, then without prejudice to any other available right or remedy, BNT shall be entitled to cancel the Contract or suspend and further deliveries without any liability to the Customer, and if the Goods have been delivered, but not paid for, the price of Goods shall become immediately due and payable in full notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangements to the contrary.
- BNT may perform any of its obligations or exercise any of its rights hereunder by itself or where applicable through any other persons (legal or otherwise) or entities.
- Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these Conditions shall be in Writing addressed to that party at its registered office or principal place of business or such other address as may at the relevant time have been notified pursuant to this provision to the party giving the notice.
- No waiver by BNT of any breach of the Contract by the Customer shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- If any provision of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of the Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- The Contract and these Conditions shall constitute the entire agreement between the Customer and BNT in respect of the supply of Goods and shall supersede all previous oral or written representations or agreements relating thereto. In particular, the Customer may not rely on any statements made by any employee, representative or agent of BNT.
- BNT may assign the Contract with the Customer or sub-contract the whole, or any part thereof to any other person (legal or otherwise) or entity. Unless otherwise agreed in Writing, the Customer may not assign either the benefit or the burden of any contract with BNT.
- The Contract shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the Customer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.